Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moving

I, and hopefully some other people, find moving to be a very unnerving experience. But what makes me the most anxious isn't the actual moving of my belongings or the quest to find the perfect apartment, it's the doubts that creep into my mind after I've chosen my new living quarters.

So while, for the past month or so, mere weeks before the end of my lease, I was stress free, telling people that push comes to shove, I'd crash at an unsuspecting friend's place, the minutes that followed the call to confirm that I will be renting what will soon be my new "chez moi" were very stressful. Thankfully, in those moments, comforting friends are just a phone call away.

Friends are more important than air. Cherish them. Let them cherish you.

Breathing alone is pointless.


Lion taming tip # 3

When moving into a new apartment, don't assume that the "cats are allowed" policy applies to your lion.

No comments: