Thursday, August 16, 2007

Books

As I quickly mentionned in my first post, I'd very much like to be a writer/surfer/lion tamer. Some of my friends would tell you that I talk nonsense all the time and that you should really take everything I say with a grain of salt. But the truth is I do dream of one day penning a book. It's not really about making money or being famous, it's about telling a good story, about finding original ways to say things. I might even try to write a French and and English version at the same time, adding different touches to both, making them like semi-identical twins (don't anybody dare steal this idea, I can't afford to take you to court).

Someday, someday people, I might be the Jack Johnson of literature.

To pass time until I publish my work, I suggest you dive into that of Douglas Adams, an author best known for his Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy series. I especially recommend Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency, which sets a different mood than Hitchhiker's but is nonetheless funny as hell and beautifully written.

Lion taming tip # 7

Train your lion to be around lots of people (this might involve getting some very good friends or some very drunk ones). It's hard to put on a show with a shy lion.

No comments: