Friday, November 30, 2007

Life's lessons

When nothing bad has happened to you in a while, you start to forget that bad things can happen if you're not careful
I believe that when you reach that point, Life sends you little warnings to remind you that the fan isn't too far away and that nasty stuff can hit it in the time it takes you to say "what the?".

Most of the time I can appreciate Life's teachings.

But when life decides to remind me that I shouldn't drive so fast in icy conditions, I really wish it wouldn't do it by letting me slam into a sidewall and, in the process, putting the health of my girlfriend at risk.

We were lucky last night and I've surely learned my lesson, but Life could've waited for me to be alone in the car.

Because every medium is worth trying, I will plead to Life here.

Hurting me is fair; I'm the one who's being careless. Hurt me as much as you like until I've learned what I need to. But please leave my loved ones alone. They have nothing to do with my irresponsible behaviour.

I truly hope that this accident has saved me from a more tragic one.

Be careful kids, you're not invincible and Life's watching.

No comments: