Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Advertising

Okay, so I'm not a big fan of advertising, but I accept it as a part of regular life. Unless you walk around with eyes and ears shut, you just can't avoid it. But trying to use me as a means of advertising is unacceptable.

Those of you who visit this page periodically might have read the comment left by seƱor CresceNet five days ago. You might also have wondered why this person was leaving a comment in Portugese to an English post. And those of you that can read Portugese might also have wondered why someone would respond to that particular post by suggesting that I check out an ISP.

What you might not know is that he left a very similar comment about a month ago, when I was having Internet woes. At that time, although he was clearly advertising, I thought he wanted to help and my mind liked the fact that a total stranger who didn't care if I spoke Portugese or not was willing to lend me a hand.

Now I'm in a better place, and in this place I cannot allow myself to become a billboard.

I feel though that I can' t just delete comments without giving prior warning that I am moderating them.

So here is the warning: You, people of the Web, will be allowed to comment on anything written on this blog. However, and this is important, no advertising will be allowed. (suggestions concerning bands, surfing equipment or lion taming products will not be considered advertisments).

Fun facts about lions # 2

Lions most often roar at night; the sound, which can be heard from a distance of 8 km, is used to advertise the animal's presence.

No comments: