Thursday, January 3, 2008

Books at large

Were you at the Bridgehead Coffee House located at the corner of Albert and Bank about two weeks ago? Did you have a coffee? Did you enjoy a piece of cake? Did you pick up one of the books left there by bookcrossers. Did you read it?
Had you ever heard of bookcrossing (www.bookcrossing.com)?
I must admit that giving away a book wouldn't be a very easy thing for me to do. I am very selective about the books I purchase and tend to reread the few ones I own every now and then. But I also think that the world would be a much better place if everybody took up one of the fictional writings of Douglas Adams. Okay, maybe I'm pushing it a little, but they are still quite amazing. So imagine if you found a book on a park bench and it turned out to be the greatest thing you'd ever read. I think that would be neat. Maybe I'll try to find used copies of the books I'd like others to read and release them just for kicks. Just to see how far it could travel. Maybe I could leave it in an airport.
So start looking people, there are books out there and the next book you read could be the one you find in an unlikely place.

No comments: